- I was a guest co-host on the Low Carb Conversations podcast with Dietitian Cassie and some awesome fellow nutrition enthusiasts! Check it out here. It was my first podcast experience, so... I have not listened to it yet. Maybe I will in a few years when I'm adequately prepared to deal with the double-whammy of my country bumpkin accent + how nervous I was!
- I took my comprehensive exams, and passed! Woohoo!
- My fiance moved into our new home on the coast. He brought along his dog Oscar, and we added my dog Sophie to the bunch as well. They are one big happy family now, and I can't wait to join them in a little over two months!!!
- I finished my thesis! What a relief!
- Now here is where it gets really doozy-ish... my dad went to a doctor's appointment, where he was told he needed heart surgery and he needed it now. It was scheduled for two weeks later. About a week before the surgery, my mom got a really severe case of pneumonia... but she pressed on like the trooper she is! The weeks leading up to the surgery and Dad's time at the hospital were really really stressful for all of us. However, Dad's surgery went really well and he recovered just fine, and now he is back home and doing awesome. I don't think my family could have made it through that long 3 weeks without the amazing support system we have. Friends, family, church family, and everyone who prayed for my parents and gave so generously... we love you and we are so thankful for you!
- I've been knee-deep in the interview process for a really promising job or two for the past few weeks... :)
- I graduated with my Master's degree! Yay! Even better, it was two weeks after my dad's surgery and he was able to make it down for the ceremony. I know it probably wasn't very comfortable for him, but it was really awesome to have my parents there, along with my amazing fiance, my Pops, and Ms. Pat! I love you all very much.
- Let's see... some other highlights: planted a garden at the new house, got to go home for Mother's Day (which was basically a victory party for my family for surviving the past few weeks!), I ordered the wedding invitations (which are on their way to me as of today), and SUMMER'S HERE!! I am working for the university until the wedding, and I adore the campus in the summertime. It's so quiet and peaceful and pretty... and I got myself a nice tan started. :)
Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and let y'all know that I'm still kickin'! I made some awesome food yesterday, and boy it felt good to get back in the kitchen. :D